I dunno if anyone has heard of this littlw game on the DS called Magician’s Quest: Mysterious Times or Enchanted Foll and the School of Wizardry but..
Its a Life Simulation game, its insanely like Animal Crossing, most creatures that you socialze with are animals and cute as all hell but, its much more deep than that.
You actually can hold conversations, give gifts, and even date and fall in love with your classmates.
Now I say classmates because, in this you go to school.
BUT NOT ANY SCHOOL.
A Wizardry school to become a master, which opens up even more fun ways to interact with you fluffy classmates.
The map of your town is huge with tons of stores and fun activities to mess around in.
Now I’m only a little bit in the game but I can tell you..
Honestly its a gloriously cute and fun game, I honestly don’t wanna call it an animal crossing clone because its so much more than that to me at least.
If this interested you then look into the game, the cartidge is only about 16$ USD or if you just wanna try it, Emulate it with no$gba DS emulator!
I hope you check out this fun little game and enjoy yourself!
RUSSIA HAS DECLARED THAT THEY’RE INVADING UKRAINE OFFICIALLY. NOT EVEN HIDING BEHIND OLD AGREEMENTS. Britain has to aid the Ukrainians against the Russians now, America warned Russia not to, with consequences if they did, so now they’re involved, Canada was looking into what Russia was doing to see how bad it was and they to have to get involved even more.
WHAT PEOPLE DON’T UNDERSTAND IS THAT IT COULD ACTUALLY DRASTICALLY ESCALTED INTO SOMETHING RESEMBLING A WORLD WAR.
you have to wonder how much of this post is legit when one of the tags is “#as much as i love hetalia i dont want another world war though that is an extreme”
but i digress.
yes, russia, the uk, and the us signed the 1994 budapest memorandum, which you can read here. yes, this talks about them respecting the independence of ukraine, and also talks about seeking help from the united nations should ukraine become the victim of aggressors.
however, it also discusses ”economic coercion designed to subordinate their own interest”. this is particularly important if you take into account the fact that russia violated the spirit and letter of this agreement through economic pressure applied to ukraine in the run-up to the vilnius summit. you can read more about that here.
what you have to understand about the 1994 budapest memorandum is that when it states that the four signaturies must ”seek immediate United Nations Security Council action to provide assistance to Ukraine”, this is extremely important. absolutely no action can be taken without the consent of the united nations, especially not an act of aggression. to go against this would be a war crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the uk and the us CANNOT ACT until the united nations security council meets and discusses ukraine. the ukraine has also petitioned for the budapest memorandum to be looked at, BUT YOU ARE LITERALLY TALKING ABOUT THINGS THAT HAVE NOT HAPPENED YET. even if the unsc meets and talks about ukraine, the uk and us cannot provide military assistance UNLESS THE SECURITY COUNCIL SANCTIONS THIS.
also, regarding america, YOU ARE TALKING OUT OF YOUR ARSE. ANY TIME america talks about “consequences” and “sanctions”, these are economic and political. economic and political isolation are not the same as war.
President Obama made clear that Russia’s continued violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity would negatively impact Russia’s standing in the international community. […] Going forward, Russia’s continued violation of international law will lead to greater political and economic isolation.
there are ALWAYS steps in place to avoid any crisis developing into a war. the united nations security council and the organisation for security and co-operation in europe are both there to stop things like world wars one and two ever developing again.
the organisation for security and co-operation in europe is hosting a meeting on the ukraine crisis on monday, for instance. and the security council is already having a meeting about ukraine.
for you to make this post and write it as though the ukraine crisis will lead to world war 3 is fucking nonsense. why don’t you attempt to educate tumblr rather than fucking… “THIS COULD DRASTICALLY ESCALATE TO WORLD WAR THREE”.
there are organisations SPECIFICALLY IN PLACE TO ENSURE THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. THEY ARE ACTIVELY MEETING AND DISCUSSING PLANS OF ACTIONS TO ENSURE THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. THE BRITISH PRIME MINISTER HAS ALREADY SAID THERE IS "NO EXCUSE FOR OUTSIDE INTERVENTION IN UKRAINE."
CAN THIS POST SIT DOWN AND GO TO BED NOW.
good thank I was waiting for some sources/info
The final, brilliant word on passive voice.
“She was killed [by zombies.]” <—- passive
“Zombies killed [by zombies] her.” <—- active
(Found from FYCD.)
Mind = Blown by zombies
Part 1 of my drawings for Japan Lover Me's Kakkoii month last December 2013! ♥
The gender neutral term for “ladies and gentleman” is “distinguished guests”. This has been around since at least the 60s, so no one is going to question your use of it.
Please, please use this along with “ladies and gentlemen” if you aren’t entirely sure of the gender of your audience.
(I know I’m probably going to lose followers for this, but that’s ok. Please feel free to message me any thoughts you feel on this because I know it might be touchy for a lot of people)
So yeah, I kind of just wanted to clarify some thing, at least somewhat, that I feel a lot of people are confused about. I’m just gonna jump right in
- Prejudice: An opinion or feeling arising from a tendency to make assumptions about people based on a singular characteristic such as sex, race, or religion. In regards to sex and race, groups that are considered "minorities" (Women, transgendered men and women, POC) can also be prejudice as well as the “majority” groups. Because they are minorities does not make them unable to be prejudice.
- The difference between being racist and prejudice: Racism involves not only prejudice and discrimination, but it characterized by the systematic oppressive treatment of others based on their racial and or ethnic group. This plays a large role in institutional discrimination, the portray of non whites, and white privilege. People of color cannot be racist.
- What is white privilege ?: White Privilege refers to the rights or immunities granted as a particular benefit or favor for being white. Examples of white privilege include:
- 1. Being considered financially reliable when using checks, credit cards, or cash.
- 2. Taking a job without coworkers suspect it came about because of race
- 3. Not being accepted into a school or place of business to meet minority needs.
- 4. Watching television or reading a newspaper and seeing people of your own race widely represented.
Prejudice can often lead to stereotypes, which is the biased over-categorization of a group or person based on race, gender, class, or sexual orientation. Stereotypes influence how people behave when around others they feel prejudice for. Again, minorities can be prejudice.
There are several different types of prejudice, however, non are ever ok.
- Cognitive Prejudice: When you believe something false is true about a certain racial or ethnic group (Belief in stereotypes)
- Affective Prejudice: Negative feelings/a dislike towards other racial or ethnic groups.
- Conative Prejudice: Preplanned or forced behavior when around members of other racial or ethnic groups.
Now that we know what prejudice is, what is discrimination? To discriminate means to treat others unequally based solely on their race or ethnicity. There are also four types of people who may be prejudice, a discriminator, or both.
- Unprejudiced nondiscriminator- Someone who does not discriminate and is not prejudiced.
- Unprejudiced discriminator- Someone who does not hold prejudices against others, but does discriminate, usually to comply with social norms. (This one may seem tricky because usually discrimination and prejudice play hand in hand, however, I will try to illustrate this as clearly as possible. Imagine you have a job where your boss asks you to not serve a certain type of person (For this example, let’s just say that this person is homosexual and your boss is homophobic, however, you are not). You know for a fact that this is wrong to do, however, you do so for the sake of your job. )
- Prejudiced nondiscriminator- Someone who is prejudiced but will not discriminate or share those beliefs with others, usually because they know it is wrong to do so
- Prejudiced discriminator- someone who believes that other groups should not be allowed equality and acts in a manner to prevent the equal treatment of others
Although many people become prejudice through experiences that affect them in a negative way, many people learn to become prejudice through social learning or socioeconimc status and others are simply prejudice by personality type.
- Those who are prejudice because of “personality type” are more than likely ethnocentric beings; people who believe that their culture is superior to others.
- Those who are prejudice due to social learning more than likely do not realize they are until they are older, and even so, may choose to remain that way. Social learning starts at a very young age when people are, most times, selectively exposed to a certain set of beliefs, values, behaviors, organizations, and knowledge but not others. Many times, when children try to stray from this idea (the idea of their guardians) there is punishment that reinforces that this way of living is indeed right. At the same time, there are also rewards when the child begins to embrace what they are taught.
Their certain way of life becomes the norm and for this reason many people cannot see why being prejudice is wrong or that they are even being prejudice towards others. Their lack of exposure to other variables that play a role in their socialization include race, gender, sexual orientation , and the ethnicity of others.
- Prejudice due to socioeconomic status is when the position someone has within a society in terms of education, occupational prestige, and income. Members who have lower socioeconomic status are usually more open about their prejudice than those of higher socioeconomic status. This does not mean people of higher status( the “majority”) are not prejudice, they just are not as vocal. The phrase “Have some class” refers to this situation perfectly. Literally dissecting it, this means “Remember your status in society; have enough class to be racist and or prejudice but just not in public.”.
Minimal Posters - Six Women Who Changed Science. And The World.
Yeah yeaaa, lemme go back in time and put these posters on my wall when I was 10!
Thanks sethasfishman for showing me this!
WIKIPEDIA MONSTER COMPILATION PAGES FOR PEOPLE
- japanese creatures
- greek creatures
- creatures organised by type
- creatures listed by letter
- humanoid creatures
- filipino creatures
- chinese creatures
- 'fearsome critters'
- beings referred to as fairies
- creatures that pretend to be human
- a page on therianthropic creatures
- hybrid creatures
- extraterrestrial creatures
- a page of mythology page links
- a section of folklore page links
- flying creatures
- theological demons
- fictional species lists
- mythology related lists
- legendary creature related lists
cool post, I like how Ginseng looks like a sexy body :P